Friday, July 2, 2010

Luau Night and Pool Party

Today, everyone came back from trip and we are so glad!  It had been tooo quiet around here.  We sent all of our girls out this week (to avoid the crazy lake on 4th of July) at the same time.  So for the past couple of days we had only 4 cabins in camp!  There was one morning that there were only two cabins in camp!  (due to cabins coming and going on trip) so we had a fun pool party with snacks and music!

At night we also had a Chocolate Fountain and watched a Dive In Movie while floating in the pool.  Kids love Chocolate!  Tonight everyone (excpet cabins 3 and 4) returned from trip and we had K-Life tonight!


Here is some video of our past few days



I have not written about what I love about Kamp in a while.  Tonight I was walking through kamp and I was watching kids play tetherball.  I got to thinking about when I was a kamper.  It was at kamp that I learned to play tetherball, hopskotch, and washers!  Those are games that I someday want to have in my backyard for my kids.  They are such simple games but they are loved here and the line at the tetherball court is always long!  (Good thing we have two courts!)  Anyway, kamp again is a place that you get to do things that are in out there in the real world but maybe not things that you do everyday...or any day!

No comments: