Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Soul Surfer

Have any of you seen the movie Soul Surfer?  It is about the girl who lost her arm surfing due to a shark attack.  She overcame losing her arm and started surfing again.  She even won a championship two years later and is still competing.  I have not seen the movie but I have heard it was really inspiring and really clean.  I always checked in Plugged In for movie reviews and this is what they say. 

Here is the trailer:
There is a shark attack (not super gory but enough to show you the seriousness of her injury and life threatening experience)  For sure ask your parents first and don't watch it with someone really young.  That could be scary.

The reason why I bring all of this up is I saw a video about the real girl, Bethany Hamilton.  She did an interview with "I am Second" organization.  "I am second" is kind of like "I am third" it just simply states put God before me. It shows interviews of people who have chosen God's way over their own way...becoming second to God.  Here is the real Bethany Hamilton (the girl in the movie is an actor)   She is much older now (probably 18 now) but her faith is still strong.


I am so amazed by how Bethany gives God glory.  I hope I can do the same NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS.

No comments: