Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Who Are You Serving?

What's up Komos?!

Gotta love hairnets!
Anybody recognize the girl
on the right? She worked as a
counselor a couple of years ago!
Not to long ago I got a really neat opportunity to serve in my community. We have a ministry here in Branson called Loaves and Fishes that serves dinner to families who need some help. My job was to pass out the biscuits right after they got their chicken and veggies... and it was awesome! I did not get to have long conversations with anybody, I only got maybe two or three seconds to try to make their day a little bit better but you know what I realized? It doesn't take much to bless people! Sometimes all it takes is a smile! 

You just have to love people! How could you love your parents? Maybe by cleaning up the kitchen for them! How could you love your brother or sister? Maybe by letting them have the last cookie! Is there somebody at your school who is having a hard time? You could serve them by just spending some time with them to let them know you care about them! You can serve in a ton of different ways... How are you serving?! 

No comments: