Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I Love Fall

I love the summer and miss it when its not here but the next best thing is the fall.  Here is why I love the fall:
  • College Football - Go Sooners
  • Seeing friends I haven't seen in a while.  You know when you get home from kamp and you can't wait to catch up with your friends?  I do that too!  I am at camp all summer so it might be three months before I see a friend.
  • Long Sleeve shirts and shorts.  Its my favorite outfit EVER! You can only do that in the fall.  Its warm enough for shorts but still comfortable for long sleeves!
  • Barbeques.  I know this is more a summer thing but Fall Barbeques are better.  Why?  Bonfires are more likely to be involved.  Chilly evenings with a bonfire....love it.  It makes me miss camp too.
  • The Changing of the Leaves.  Its my favorite part of God's creation.  The color is amazing!
  • Thanksgiving - its my favorite Holiday....hands down.  Yes, more than Christmas (don't worry, I love me some Christmas so this says alot)  I love thanksgiving because its family, its eating, and more importantly you focus on what you are thankful for and not about what gifts you will get.  (Plus...my favorite part of Christmas is putting up my tree and that happens the day after Thanksgiving!)  Yes, I know that we celebrate Jesus' birth at Christmas and I do love Him the most...but did you know that Jesus was really born in the fall?  We just celebrate his birth in the winter.  If you look at the calendar in bible times and all the times and events around Jesus' birth it puts Jesus' birth sometime (in our Calendar) in October.  See...another good reason to love the fall.
Do you love fall too?  Why or why not?  What is your favorite season?

    No comments: