Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ribbon Barretts


This past summer Ribbon Barretts were the rage at kamp! (or at least at K-1) Many of you came with them and some of you even made them with me during Rest Period! They are back in!!! I keep seeing them on people and in stores! The great thing is that you can make them! I found this "how to" on www.marthastewart.com and thought I would share it with you. It is the perfect thing to do when you are bored at home. I think spending time with your family and friends doing something fun is way more fun than sitting in front of the T.V. all day! Anyway, Branson had a snow day and all the kids are out of school so it may be something you could do on a snow day!

Now, Martha Stewart gives great instructions but sometimes her "materials list" is a little expensive so I am going to give you a "revised materials list"

Barretts or hair clips from Walmart (99 cents)
Hot glue or super glue (maybe let your mom help you)
Grograine ribbon from Walmart or Hobby Lobby (I like the small-Medium size)
optional: Buttons, pins and all that fun stuff for extras.

Click on This to go to Martha's Instructions!: Ribbon Barretts


Keep looking for my next few blogs...I am putting another K-Life video from this summer. I am also going to be putting a great Kanakuk Give away for someone!

No comments: