Sunday, June 5, 2011

I'M Third Sunday

 Today was the first full day of kamp, it was I'm Third Sunday AND we had our first party...Willy Wonka!   If you check out k1.kanakuk.com you can find a highlight video of the days events, footage of the Joe's I'm Third Talk and even an interview with Joe about why he loves K-1.

Which brings me to tell you why we have two blogs.  My husband is the K-1 Social Media Director.  He runs around all day videoing and tweeting and letting moms and dads know whats going on at kamp for both sides.  He is able to do what I can't do...have a video camera in his hands at all times.  My blog is written from the eyes of a director.  I hope to show you little things that a highlight reel won't pick up.  I hope to open the door to the little moments of K-1 that you aren't expecting to happen.  I will post pictures and videos too but my #1 priority is to be a director.  Diane and I  are teaching classes, meeting with staff and making sure kamp is happening they way it should.  The video camera can't always be with me...but I am excited for you to see kamp throuh my eyes.

I sometimes grade honor cabin.  The kids know the honor cabin "grader" as the "Mystery Lady"  I am not usually the grader but I was needed today so I stepped in.  The kids go all out to clean their cabin so that they can win the big prize.  Some cabins even write the "Mystery Lady" messages on their porch made out of peat gravel.  Here is the message I stumbled upon this morning and it made my heart swell.

"I Love Jeuses"  This was on the porch of cabin one.  I love that they wanted the "Mystery Lady" to know this.  I don't think Jesus cares one bit that His name is spelled Jeuses.

Here is a sneak preview of the party tonight

No comments: