Saturday, June 4, 2011

Opening Day

Today is the day tha I wake up and get to tell counselors what cabin they will be counseling.  Then the rest of the morning we run around getting ready for this moment.  We run around all day everyday during Staff Training Week...but today, there is extra spring in our step.  The kids are arriving and its exciting.  We did pause today and show our staff this video.  I cry every time I see it.  I hope these parents got to say all the things that you would want to say to your kid's counselors.  This time is what we call the "Worth of a Child" talk.  I wanted you to see it.



Soon after this talk the counselors get the names of the kids in their cabin.  They read through your notes, comments, and take note of every kampers needs.  Here they meet their kiddos "on paper".  In just two short hours those pictures become real faces.  Did I mention that I love this day.  We had a fun opening day.  The kids found out their cabin, were introduced and literally slid down a slide to their counselors.  Our theme is "Game On" so they got to tailgate with all the staff and kampers.  Here are a few shots of some gals getting introduced.


Check out k1.kanakuk.com for more clips of tonights activities.  Stay tuned...Its I'm Third Sunday with Joe White and then its a Party Day.  Shhhhh...its a suprise.

No comments: