Sunday, June 6, 2010

Amplified Theme

So last night was the party and I had a computer malfunction trying to upload the footage I got from the party. No fear...it is really fun and I want you to see it! Please forgive me for not getting it on there but by tonight or tomorrow morning it will be on here. Today is Sunday. On Sundays we get to sleep in and the first campers to flag pole get a piece of coffee cake. Some of you have experienced Kanakuk before so you understand what I am about to talk about. You wake up to the smell of cinnamon traveling through camp. Most kids are up, fully dressed and ready to go because they know the tradition....if your there early you will get a piece of what you have been smelling. The rule is that you have to stay on the porch until you hear the voice in the sky (aka the intercom system). When Diane Cooper and I round the corner and the morning wake up song turns on....you would think we were big celebrities they way those kids run towards you. Except they don't want an autograph...they want a piece of coffee cake fresh off the pan. I probably need to video what that moment is like. Lesson learned moms, when you want to get your kiddo out of bed... make camp coffee cake!

Today is also I'm Third Sunday and Joe White comes over to K-1 to give his I'm Third talk to the kids. The older 25 dayers are heading to K-2 to see what it is like. They will get to do part of the tree tops and play on the dock. Everyone else is going to do Sunday Funday! Also, tonight is the big Kanakuk Talent Show and some of your kids are performing. I will have footage of that as well. Stay tuned, I have alot to show you. Until then, I have put the new Kanakuk Theme Song on for you. We have not even revealed it to the kids!!! Its done by Toby Mac, Lecrea, and Tedashi...all three very popular hip hop christian artists. If youou want your kids to listen to clean music that they will like and think is cool....these three are great picks!

Click Here to hear it

Be Amplified

No comments: