Saturday, June 19, 2010

Kanakuk Stunt

Well, Stunt last night was a hit! You should be proud of all your girls! They were so great and we did our best to cheer them on the way you moms would.


Here is the Kiowa Stunt Highlights:



Here is the Kickapoo Stunt Highlights:



Small Lessons I learn from being at Kamp:
During Parties and Stunt our counselors and kids use our huge Skit Closet. (On a Side note, I think every family needs a small version of a skit closet. Skit clothes can make a simple dinner at McDonalds with the family a memorable night. Theme family nights can be so fun too!) Anyway, I remember when I first showed up as a counselor at K-1 (in 1997) and I would laugh at some of the dresses that were hanging up in the skit closet. The other day, I saw a counselor wearing an old bridesmaid dress that I wore about 8 years ago. Yes, I only wore that thing once; so I went ahead and gave it a little more life in the K-1 Skit closet...the place were many a bridesmaid and prom dress retire. Then it hit me.... one of MY dresses...one that used to be stylish in MY time is now a skit closet dress that is worn to be silly and funny. After I had processed how fast time flies, I realized the lesson the skit closet can teach. The skit closet is great because it makes many random pieces of clothing timeless. Each dress, pair of pants, and vest always has purpose...no matter the current trends. It makes the funny looking, the out of style, and the "worn out" ...classics. For example, there is no limit to the potential that you can find with one suit jacket in the skit closet. It can make you a CIA agent in one skit, and a dad in another. You can be a marching band member, an ESPN announcer, or a Game Show Host. Who we are in Christ is the same way. It doesn't matter how young or old you are, you still have value to our Savior and you are a significant part of His will. It doesn't matter what you look like or what condition you are in... God always has a purpose for your life. Finally, there is unlimited potential in what God can do through each one of us throughout our life. What a great reminder of who I am in Christ the next time I go to put a costume on from the skit closet.

No comments: