Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Movie Review: Alice in Wonderland


I went to See Alice in Wonderland this past weekend and I thought I would write about it. It has been rated PG. First of all, I knew that this movie would be kid of quirky and maybe a little bit dark because Tim Burton is the director. I love Disney so Lee (my husband) and I decided to try it.

What I loved:
1.) It was more quirky than anything and since Alice in Wonderland is naturally quirky I appreciated that

2.) I loved that it was her second time back into Wonderland and how it showed her going there in the first place.

3.) I loved the real life characters of Alice's Friends.

4.) I liked the Mad Hatter's Character. Yes, a little weird...but he is Mad right?

5.) I loved how Alice showed that she was kind to others even if they hurt her to begin with (if you haven't seen it...you will see what I mean)

What I didn't Love:
1.) Somethings were a little down right scary. Like the Jabbowoki, the animal in the beginning. I wouldn't take little ones to this. It could be scary at times, but I think 12 and up it would be fine (maybe 11 year old that don't scare easily)

2.) I didn't love how they played up the Red Queens "Off with Their Head" statements. That was a little gory (and could be scary)

3.) There wasn't any american "cuss" words but a few English (Brittish) phrases that I think are kind of negative. I do believe they say "God" a couple of times...not my fave.


For the most part, I really enjoyed the movie, but I would caution you parents...don't take your little ones...it is too scary.

By the way, if you ever want to check out what a movie is like before you go see it check PLUGGED IN by focus on the family. Its really a great tool to pick great movies.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I went and watched Alice in Wonderland and I really liked it! At some points it was kind of hard to understand what the British people were saying, but I thought the movie makers did a great job! Plus, it was really cool in 3-D!

Anonymous said...

Rachel! I am glad that you like it! I did to! Reno