Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Brrrrrrr!

Hello Kanakomo Ladies!!!!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! It has been so cold here the past few days! When I moved up here I knew it would be colder but I didn't really think about it much... that is until it hit me right in the face! When I left my room yesterday, I walked right into a lovely 13 degree wall. I did not know what had hit me! Now for those of you who live up north you probably think that I am just being a weenie... and you know what? You would be correct! The cold and I just are not friends!

Now there are some things that come with the cold I like such as big sweaters, jackets, blankets, fires, and hot cocoa! I love things that go with the cold but just not the cold itself! It's a problem I know! I thought today I would share a great recipe I found for homemade hot chocolate! When it's cold outside I love to curl up on the couch (wearing a big ole sweater), snuggle up with a blanket, have the fire going, read a book, and drink hot cocoa!

Ok so here is the recipe:

1/3 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 Cup white sugar
1 Pinch salt
1/3 Cup boiling water
I got this recipe from this site!
3 1/2 Cups milk
3/4 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 Cup half-and-half cream

Combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan. Blend in the boiling water. Bring this mixture to an easy boil while you stir. Simmer and stir for about 2 minutes. Watch that it doesn't scorch. Stir in 3 1/2 cups of milk and heat until very hot, but do not boil! Remove from heat and add vanilla. Divide between 4 mugs. Add the cream to the mugs of cocoa to cool it to drinking temperature.

I hope you enjoy it!

Love ya ladies!

Logan

No comments: