Friday, January 25, 2013

Check Yo Self!

What's Up Kanakomo Ladies?!

Holy cow it's the last week of fruits! Can you believe it? I sure can't! Let's do the verse...


"And the fruits of the Spirit are 
love

        joy

              peace
 
                        patience,
 
                                       kindness

                                                     goodness,
 
                                                                    faithfulness

                                                                                   gentleness

                                                                                                   self-control; 
against such things there is no law."

Galatians 5:22-23

Have you memorized that yet? I have a deal for you... If you come to Kamp this summer with that verse memorized and you say it to me... You will get a tasty treat! What an easy way to get a sweet!

Have you ever seen a full plate of cookies and before you knew it you ended up eating them all? Maybe at first you thought... I'll just have one... well maybe another.... three won't isn't that bad... and then all of the sudden you realize there are no more cookies?! Believe me, I have had this problem before! This my friends is a lack of self-control!

There is a lot of stuff in this world that you cannot control... but one thing you always can control is how you behave! You may not be able to control how much homework you are assigned, but you can control if you complete it all! You may not be able to control if your friends are doing the right things or not, but you can control if you are! My mom use to always ask me the same question when I was growing up and it use to drive me crazy then... but now I love it! When I was frustrated with how others were acting around me she would always ask me "Whose behavior can you control?" and I always had to respond with "My own." Isn't that a great reminder?!

So ladies, when you are out and about this weekend, remember that you are responsible for your actions and that the Lord wants us to have self-control! He loves us to have fun too don't get me wrong, but we also have responsibilities! 




On another note....



DID YOU HEAR WHAT THE 2013 SUMMER THEME IS YET?!!?!?!?!

Well click here to find out!!



LOVE YOU GIRLS SO MUCH!

No comments: