Thursday, January 17, 2013

Gentleness

Hey There Kanakomo Ladies!!!

Did any of you make the hot chocolate from the recipe I posted on Tuesday? Did you like it? I sure hope so! 

Can you girls believe we are on our second to last fruit this week? It's crazy isn't it?! I bet you all can say the verse from memory by now!

"And the fruits of the Spirit are 
love

        joy

             peace

                     patience,
 
                                 kindness

                                            goodness,
 
                                                      faithfulness

                                                                  gentleness

                                                                           self-control; 
against such things there is no law."

Galatians 5:22-23

Have you ever been in a situation where somebody maybe didn't say or do the nicest thing? I know I have! In fact, I'll go ahead and admit that sometimes I find myself being that person. I don't always think about how my words or actions may affect someone until it is too late. I hate it when I do that! God call us to be gentle in our actions towards others.

"The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all able to teach, patient when wronged, with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth" - 2nd Timothy 2:24,25

You see when we are gentle with people, it can point them towards JESUS! But if we are harsh or mean to people it points people away from Him. 

So here is my challenge to you:
Be GENTLE!!! Point people towards Jesus this week!

I think y'all can do it :)

Love ya!

No comments: