Thursday, October 28, 2010

What Would You Do If You Could Volunteer for a Year

Hey gals!  Some of you know that I have two blogs.  On my staff blog I posted about a contest I found on Ikea's webiste. I thought I would share it with you! Ikea is a furniture store.  If you live in Atlanta or Dallas or Houston or Chicago you probably have been.  Anyway, Ikea is doing a contest that will give someone $100,000 to better society.  You could start a non-profit organization ( a charity) for anything you want OR you could use the money to volunteer your time for a year.  Maybe since you are in school you could give that to someone who is a missionary.  You could sponsor a ton of kids at Kids Across America.  Maybe there is someone in your community that needs the money.  You could even start a charity.  There was a Kanakuk Kamper that recently raised money for kids in Haiti!  I think I would go to Haiti for a year or maybe go overseas for a year or two.  My husband has some non-profit ideas.  What would you do?  Maybe you should sign up!.  Click here to sign up.

No comments: