Thursday, February 24, 2011

The K-1 Staff is Hired

I have been waiting to post this because we had not contacted all of our staff for this summer, but the last couple of weeks Diane, Melissa, Callie and I have been hiring all the counselors, kitchies, and office girls for summer 2011!!!  Plus all the other directors hired for their camps.  Its official, contracts have been sent out and now we wait to see if what we offered everyone works for their summer.  What I think is so awesome to watch is the entire process of how God puts "working at a kamp" on someon'e heart and He somehow brings that someone to interview for Kanakuk.  God gets that applicant to Diane and I and then eventually helps us figure out what cabin she will be assigned to.  All that being said He hand picks your counselor for you!  He also handpicks the kitchie, cook or office girl that is assigned to your cabin!  I am so thankful that He uses me in the process but I am glad to know that its Him at work!

I remember when I was a kid I would ride the bus from Oklahoma City.  I was excited for kamp but the most talked about topic on that bus each year was "I wonder what my counselor will be like!"  For your laughter...a friend I went to camp with posted this picture on my facebook page.  Yep, that is me in the white shorts, striped shirt. and permed hair.  The bus in the back was my ride to camp.  My best friend is the one with brown hair standing next to me (the tall one, not the little girl in front).  We got to camp and found out we were not the same cabin.  We were sad at first but we saw each other everyday and we both had a blast!

No comments: