Monday, February 28, 2011

Justin Beiber has a Viszla Dog!!!

If you read my post on Friday I told you that I was going to see the Justin Bieber Movie and I said that I would post what I thought.  So...here are my thoughts...

#1 - Its a fun movie.  Its clean and its postive.
#2 - It made me want to bust out the Kamp "One Time" dance when he performed it!  There was a K-1 girl at the movies with me.  She didn't come with me, she was there!  I bet she wanted to do the dance to!
#3 - In the middle of the movie Justin has to rest his vocal chords because he has over used them.  You see him sitting on the counch with a Viszla!  Piper is a Viszla!  I am not sure if that is his dog or not, but its his enough to let it on the couch with him!  Justin Bieber and I have the same dog!
#4 - In the movie it showed people wearing fun purple 3D glasses....I didn't get those!  I wish we had purple 3D classes!

Overall, I thought the movie was a fun movie.  It was really fun to see in 3D but I didn't like paying 3D prices!  As I left the movie theater I was thinking about it and here are some other thoughts that I had.

#1 -Justin seems like a good kid, but he seems to have it all at age 16.  That sounds great at first, but I can't imagine how hard that would be.  I hope that he stays grounded in what is important and lasting.

#2 - It sounds like he and his family believe in God.  (they pray before concerts)  I don't mean to be a downer but the music industry isn't the easiest place to be a light for Jesus.  He is going to have to make some hard decisions to really be a follower of Jesus.  I am sure he will mostly have pressure to do it they "popular way" or the way the world wants him to.  None of us are perfect, but I hope he looks to the Lord to help him and is not afraid to be different and bold.

#3 - I hope that he has good people in his life to help him along the way.  The movie shows that he has some fun people that work for him.  I think that is great but I hope there are people there to help him in life...not just his career as a singer.

#4 - I hope he stays fun, clean and positive!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for writing about the Vizsla in the Bieber movie---I saw it (55 year old mom) and over the weekend my one son(13) saw the movie 3 times--once with me and once with his 16 year old brother. We were all so happy to see a vizsla as we have one as well. Aren't they the very best dogs? Ours is 7. So now we all like Justin Bieber...I too was so happy to hear them praying and someone at church yesterday told me that they read or somehow heard that JB's mom received Christ as Savior not long ago. I hope all of this is true. As I watched all those girls idolizing him; my hope is that he will grow as a follower of Christ and one day use his platform to share the gospel with all those precious girls! That would be amazing! So thank you for your Kanakuk girls blog...I have heard very good things about Kanakuk camps--they are expensive but I am sure well worth the price. thanks again for recognizing the Vizsla and writing about it! Keep shining (Philippians 2:14-16) judi VanderMark

Jennifer Farley (aka "Reno") said...

Thanks Judi! I love fellow Vizsla owners. They are the best dogs. Ours is about to turn 3. I have another blog that I post for my staff. I wrote a "letter to Justin" here after I read his article in Rolling Stone Magazine. You can check it out here: http://getupdigin.wordpress.com/2011/02/18/letter-to-justin-bieber/ I have also heard that his mom is a believer. I am still worried about Justin and I hope for the best. That industry is a hard industry to be a follower of Christ. The world is in your ear, fame is on your shoulders and money is the motivation for alot of people around him. He is really going to have to make some strong stances, some that could jeopordize popularity or making money to really do it in a God honoring way. He has spent most of his young life living for himself. I just hope and pray that he has got good people in his life reminding him of what truly is lasting. I hope the best for him because he could be a good role model. If you ever interested in sending your kids to camp please feel free to email me. (reno@kanakuk.com) We do have some great scholarship options out there.