Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Say it Isn't Sooooooooooo!!!!!

Okay, I would not describe myself as a fashionista.  (I don't think fashionista's wear nike shorts and stained t-shirts for three months of every year....but they should :)  I know that I am not the most trendy person but I do think that working with kids and college students keeps me "in the know."  Yesterday I found out how much I was NOT in the know.  I ran into Target to pick up a few items and I walked passed the clothing section.  I walked right past the clothing stand...thought about what I saw....stopped...and turned around to confirm if I saw what I thought I did.  I did...ACID WASHED JEANS!!!!  Who brought back the 80s?  Okay, I could have had a clue when leggings got so popular...but I must admit, I love leggings.  But Acid Washed Jeans?????  I came home and googled it immediately.  I found out it was fashion week in NYC.  (Confirmed my non-fashionista status....every fashionista knows when that is happening)  Low and behold... all over 2011 Fall Fashion....ACID WASH jeans!  For those of you who don't know what they are, here is some celeb wearing them.  (found this picture at INSTYLE)

Here is another.  I got this from fashion police:





I used to have a pair of these.  In fact I had some in many colors.  I would wear them with my hightop Reboks.  (Laugh...but it was the style...just remember someday someone will laugh at what you wore when you were in Junior High :)  Anyway, here is a pic of how people "rocked" acid wash jeans when I was in elementary school.  ( I got this pic from "LikeTotally80s")







I must admit, they are a little more refined (alot less fringe) but I don't know if I can do it!  I have been ridiculed way to much for my 5th grade school pictures in my teal green acid washed guess jeans.  I just don't think I can relive the pain in 10 years when they are "so out of style" again and I am teased for wearing them.  When I was 10...I can claim innocence.  At age 30....it was my decision:)

Anyways...I am sure you all have a pair and wear them well.  I am sure I would see you in them and think you looked stylish.  I also wasn't teased when I wore them at age 10.  Just ten years later (like you tease your mom for her old style when she was your age :)  Which brings me to the point that some of your moms are my age (or just a little older)  If I was wearing Acid Wash jeans in elementary school, I am sure some of your moms were wearing them in Junior High or Highschool!  Be excited that you and your mom can share the same clothing styles...and your dad too!  You should ask them if they still have theirs!

Mom, if you are reading this.  You have most my gradeschool pics.  I tried to find a pic of me in some Acid Wash jeans and I know those pics exist.  Send them to me so I can post them!  I think I can rival this 80s lady above!!!!

No comments: