Wednesday, October 17, 2012

LOVING the Fruits of the Spirit


Hello Ladies! And we are ladies!!!

Do you remember last Wednesday when we talked about Psalm 139:14? Have you all been remembering how you are "fearfully and wonderfully made" by God? I hope so because it is the truth!
I've decided to make turn Wednesday into Wednesday's Word. You can tune in every week on Wednesday and find a little nugget from God's love letter to us! For the next few weeks we are going to do a fruit of the spirit each week. Who knows what verse is about the fruits of the spirit?

Think about it...


















It's in the New Testament...

















Galatians 5:22-23
"But the fruit of the Spirit is lovejoypeacepatiencekindnessgoodnessfaithfulness, gentlenessself-control; against such things there is no law."





Who thought that when I said fruit of the Spirit I meant these fruits
I sure did the first time I heard it!


Well these fruits are a little bit different than the fruit you eat! These are characteristics that you can have that God has too! There are not always the easiest to do, but they are always good.

The first one is LOVE! God calls us to not only LOVE Him but to LOVE everybody else as well!

"You shall LOVE the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind." - Matthew 22:37

"You shall LOVE your neighbor as yourself." - Matthew 22:39


It may sound easy... but sometimes it can be really hard! I know you can do it though! With the help of Christ you can love everybody!

I want you to try showing Christ's love to everybody around you this week. That may look like you encouraging somebody who is having a hard day, or being nice to somebody who is not being nice to you. One of the most loving things you can do is to tell somebody about Jesus and what He did for everybody!

I would love to hear how you are showing God's love to the people around you! Leave me a comment and tell me about it!

Komo Love,
Logan

No comments: