Friday, October 12, 2012

Red River Rivalry 2012

Hello Girls!

There is something I feel like I should tell you... I am an absolute, die hard Oklahoma football fan! I am a 4th generation Sooner (this means my parents, grandparents, and great grandparents went to OU) so I have been going to games as long as I can remember. In fact, this year living in Missouri has made me miss my first home OU game in YEARS! It was a very sad day but thankfully Reno let me come watch with her so I could be with a fellow Sooner! What I am trying to say here is that I love love LOVE my school's team!
This is myself and a friend at a home game from last year.

This weekend is like a holiday for all OU fans. The Dallas game, the BIG game, THE RED RIVER RIVALRY! Every year thousands of Oklahoma fans drive down to Dallas while thousands of texas fans drive up. It is a meeting of the big guns in an awesome fashion. The game is played at the Cotton Bowl which is smack dab in the middle of the Texas State Fair. So I say hello to Big Tex and grab a Fletcher's Corny Dog (literally the best corn dog in the whole world) and I make my way into the game!

Now once you are inside the stadium it is SO LOUD! The stadium is split right down the 50 yard line. Oklahoma on one side, texas on the other. Both sides are trying their best to be louder than the other and let me tell you I have never heard a louder noise! Not even when we ask if the Komos are here at K-Life!

This year should be a pretty good game! Both teams only have one loss so we are not only fighting for this win, but a chance at being the Big XII Champs! Who do you think is going to win? Oklahoma or Texas? As for me, I have got to go with my Sooners!

For all of you who will be watching a football game this weekend, whether it is this game or not, good luck to your team! We miss you!

Boomer Sooner!
Logan

No comments: