Monday, November 12, 2012

Veteran's Day

Hey There Kanakomo Ladies!

How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun? Did you make a fort with your family? It turned out to be a perfect weekend to do that in Branson. We had a cold front this weekend and it got pretty chilly!

Yesterday at church we had a great guest speaker. He was a chaplain in the U.S. Army and the U.S. Navy. The chaplain is the man or woman who is like the pastor for the military. They go to the battlefields to bring God's news to the men who protect us.  He was an amazing speaker! I loved hearing his stories and about the faith he has in God. I have always appreciated our military and what they do for us but this man gave me a new perspective for them. These men give up everything to protect us.

While Veteran's Day was yesterday, I still wanted to honor them today on the blog. Do you know any veterans? Maybe your parents or grandparents are veterans? Both of my grandpas are veterans. I am so proud for them to be in my family!

Regardless if it is Veteran's Day or not, I encourage you to always thank those that serve in our military to protect us! They give up a lot that we will never realize. Let them know we appreciate them!

Love you girls!

Logan

No comments: