Friday, November 2, 2012

Peace

Happy Friday Ladies!

I'm sorry I did not get this out on Wednesday! It has been a little bit crazy here on the island. So I am going to shake things up a little bit. Instead of having a weekend post today I am going to keep going on the fruit of the spirit! Plus it is one of my favorites so I don't want to wait until next week to do it. Lets go over the verse again...


"And the fruits of the Spirit are 
love
             joy
                    peace
                              patience
                                             kindness
                                                                 goodness
                                                                                   faithfulness
                                                                                                           gentleness
                                                                                                                             self-control
against such things there is no law."

Galatians 5:22-23

We have already talked about love and joy, so now we are on peace. What do you think of when you think about peace? I think about a calming feeling. If you know me well you might know that one of my favorite places to be is in my hammock outside in God's beautiful creation. When I am there I feel God's peace. I feel completely safe and secure in Christ and His promises. God tells us that he has a plan for our lives. 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you 
hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

With a promise like that... how can you not be at peace? I know that life can be really hard sometimes. Some of you might have stuff going on at home, maybe you are having a hard time at school or you are not getting along with a friend, but you should always know that God LOVES you. He promises us that He has a GOOD plan for us! I am going to let you in on a little secret... God NEVER goes back on a promise. If says He says He is going to do something... He means it!

I want you all to think about how God has given peace to you. I find peace in His Word, where do you find it?

I miss you girls and love ya!
Logan

No comments: