Monday, November 26, 2012

What a Game!

Hey There Girls!

How was your Thanksgiving? Did you fall into a turkey coma? I think I did for a few hours!

Here's my dad and I at the game!
This weekend I got the opportunity to go to an OU football game with my dad! It was really fun to get to spend time with him while watching a team we both love. This was not just any random OU game... this was Bedlam! The instate rivalry game against OSU. I have to admit going into the game I really thought we were going to lose. OU hadn't played well the past couple of weeks while OSU had been tearing teams to pieces! Sure enough they came out to a quick lead and were ahead the whole game. They were playing great! I was sitting in my seat thinking "Oh man the game I get to watch is one they are going to lose" (not the best way to be thinking I know)! OU kept fighting though. They would come back and tie the game up but then OSU would take the lead again but then OU would manage to tie it again. It came down to overtime. OSU was able to score a field goal and OU managed to squeeze in a touchdown for the win! The crowd went absolutely nuts! You would have thought we had just won the National Championship! It was the only time OU had a lead the whole game but man what a great time to have the lead! This was one of the best Bedlams I have ever seen (I have seen quite a few)! Both teams played their hearts out and left it all on the field!

That night was also senior night for the team. It was the last time the seniors were going to play on their home field in front of their home crowd. It was a really great way for them to go out! Our quarterback Landry Jones was interviewed at the end of the game and I loved what he said. All of these reporters were trying to give him praise for playing a fantastic game and leading the team so well for four years. Instead of accepting all of it, Landry turned it all to God and was praising Him. At the end of the interview Landry shared the Gospel with the entire Sooner Nation making sure that he used the most of the opportunities God gave him. It really got me thinking if I was bold enough to do that. He just got up on stage and shared Christ with THOUSANDS of people! It was very inspiring! I hope that if I was presented with chance to do that I would! Is there somebody in your life you want to share Christ with? I bet there is! Pray to God for the words to speak and He will give them to you!

Miss you girls!
Logan

No comments: