Monday, September 27, 2010

Its OU vs Texas Week!

Well, its my favorite time of year.  Yes, the week that The Univeristy of Oklahoma plays the Univeristy of Texas in Football.  I get so excited about it.  I am 32 years old and I went to my first OU/TX game at at 8.  Since I was 8 I have only not gone to two games.  That is 22 OU/TX games in person!  Well, I am missing this weekend.  I will be watching it from home.  I am sad because not only is the game a blast, but the State Fair of Texas is AWESOME!  I know alot of you live close to Dallas and I hope that you get to go to the State Fair of Texas.  I am an Oklahoman, and I like Texas alot, but I am not sold on its claims that EVERYTHING is better in Texas.  I am sold that the state fair of Texas is the best there is.  I will post my top ten favorite things about the State Fair of Texas later this week.  But now, I want to brag on my mom.  My mom entered her fig preserves into the Texas State Fair contest and she won!!!!!!  So, if you go to the State Fair of Texas, go into the food competition building and check out the preserves section.  Look for Jenny Mitchell's famous Fig Preserves because she, according to the State Fair of Texas, has the best preserves in the State of Texas.  Thats pretty good if you ask me.

Did you know.  Texas has Beaten Oklahom 59 times and Oklahoma has only beaten Texas 41 times.  Texas fans are you rejoicing?  Okay, okay you win that one, but Oklahoma has won the national championship 7 times and Texas has only won 4 times.   Oklahoma has won the Big 12 Championship 7 times and Texas only 5 times.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Reno your Sooners won. My precious YOUNG longhorns will have to try again next year. My counselor Lanie was at the game. Well I miss all of you guys at K-1.
Love, Avery steen

Jennifer Farley (aka "Reno") said...

Avery! I didn't even see that you commented! My favorite Texas Longhorn! If you have longhorn pride like you have Kickapoo pride...they they have a mighty fan!