Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Silly Band Soap!

Silly Bands, rubber shaped bands...whatever you want to call them...THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!  I am not going to lie...I definitely got into the trend at kamp.  I saw Diane Cooper the other day, and she still had one on from kamp!  My favorite thing was trading them.  I often times can't really tell what they are, but I always relied on the kampers to tell me.  Once, on a 2-4, my husband and I went to a movie.  I looked over at me and said "what is glowing in the dark?"  I had not realized that some of them were glow in the dark!    My favorite shape? Hmmm.....well, if you asked Kristen Cole, hers would have been her diamond ring shaped silly band, but I loved my pink glow-in-the-dark flamingo.  When I found this craft on the internet I about flipped!  I had to show it to you!  It might be beyond my craft skill level, but I thought it would be neat to show you other ways to use a silly band.  Make soap and put the silly bands in them!  I can't seem to find my glow in the dark pink flamingo, but if I made these with it my bathroom would not only have a cool memory from kamp, but it could serve as a night light when I have to go to the bathroom at in the middle of the night!   So, if you do chose to do this craft, take a pic and send it to me at reno@kanakuk.com.  If you want the instructions for how to, click here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to try that! I absolutely love the idea! :) I'm going to K-1 next summer! See you there!

-Marie Atmar

Jennifer Farley (aka "Reno") said...

Marie. Send me a picture if you did this. I will put it on my blog!

Unknown said...

I actually make handmade soap and wanted to know if you could tell me where you buy those plastic cases/molds in the picture? I can't find these anywhere!

Jennifer Farley (aka "Reno") said...

Cheryl,
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I am not sure. What I would do is email the author of the original blog or post a comment on the original blog. ( I gave a link to that in the blog) The author could probably tell you.