Thursday, January 6, 2011

Broadway, Times Square, New York.....You and Your Mom?

"Start spreading the News"...(come on everyone imagine me in the Rockettes kickline right now as I sing this song.) 

"Im leaving today".... (well, not really but it could be fun)

"I want to be be apart of it...New York, New York."   - The fact is I have been apart of it!  Yep, one of my dearest friends used to live there AND I got engaged in New York!  Yep, my husband sent me on a scavenger hunt that started in Branson and ended up in the big city.  Here is the place in central park where Lee proposed.  Its called the Belvedere Castle.




See the place where the people are standing.  That is where Lee and I were standing when he got down on one knee!!!!! Lee had to ask to people bird watching if they didn't mind leaving for a few moments.  Funny story for another time.




Anyways, enough about me.  Lets talk New York...... Whats not to see in the city that never sleeps?  (I always had to sleep when I was there...you walk everywhere!)

Broadway Plays....





The Statue of Liberty.....




Ellis Island......




China Town... ( i like to get purses for cheap!  They also have the best icecream place. It has lots of weird but good flavors)



Times Square.....



Awesome Street Performers....


The famous Piano at FAO Schwarz




You and your mom? (Dont know who they are...couldn't find one of me and my mom.)  Thanks google!




Kanakuk?



Yep.  That's right.  Kanakuk has a Mother Daughter Retreat THIS April.  If you are 12 years old or older you and your mom can sign up to go to New York City and see it all!  The dates are April 14th-17th.  Kay Holiday is your tour guide (she goes every year so she know it well) and you will have a blast spending time with your mom! I am trying to figure out how I can get Kay to let me go.  Hmmmm, Chaperone?  No, moms are there they don't need another chaperone.  What about China Town Purse finder?  Or maybe trip luggage carrier?  Maybe best street performer finder?  Ooooo!, I know....Today show sign maker!  I probably wont get to go but you can think of me if you vist the Belvedere castle in central park.  Oh, and you have to buy a traditional I love New York T!  (logo above)

If you are interested tell your mom and tell her to email tracy@kanakuk.com for more info.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

A proposal at the Belvedere Castle - how romantic! I was there a few years ago on Halloween. There was an awesome lady there who played the musical saw. This is her but in the subway (couldn't find a video of her at the castle):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE_9gYFEJeQ
NYC is awesome!