Monday, January 3, 2011

My Holiday Break

I am back!  Sorry it has been so long since I have posted.  I took two weeks off for Christmas.   I don't get to see my family a ton because of my job at kamp so I wanted to give them my undivided attention.  Here was my Holiday Break:

  • I had my first round of the flu in a long time.  I missed my mom and wanted her to feed me chicken noodle soup! I hate getting the flu!
  • I got better and drove 15 hours to Pittsburgh PA and then 15 hours home to branson a week later.
  • I cheered for the Pittsburgh Steelers
  • It snowed every day while I was there.
  • I ate a greasy philly cheesesteak sandwich, lots of carmel popcorn, and tons of Christmas food.
  • I got to meet Lee's cousin Randy who I have never met before. He has Cerebel Palsy and is in a wheel chair.  I have never met anyone so joyful.
  • I got to go to a Christmas Display where I learned about all the Santas in the world.  Who knew there were so many!
  • I went to a Christmas Eve service in an old beautiful church.  We got to sing songs by Candlelight.  That was neat.
  • My family tried to take a serious Christmas picture.  It took a few times but I think we got a good one.



  • I learned of a new Wii game.  Just Dance 2.  We played it all break.  If you want to see a funny video of my Husband and brother-in-law playing the game check out my facebook wall.  Its pretty funny
  • I made a new headboard for my guest bedroom.  I will post pics.
  • I played on my new ipad.  I must admit it is addicting. (thanks Dad) 
  • We played Christmas bells with the family.  (its a fun game where you have to play Christmas music together with bells.  I laughed alot)
  • I tackled the furniture store Ikea. That place is huge.  I am trying to figure out how I can live in it for a week. (the literally set up living spaces. to showcase their stuff.  I think its possible!)
  • I got to sleep in!  I love sleeping in!
Now I am back.  I am ready to blog again!  Can't wait to see some of you in 6 months!  That's right, once Christmas is over and the New Year begins....that means Kamp is around the corner.

No comments: